Auto Claims Adjuster
Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively hiring multiple Associate Adjusters to join their Auto PIP claims team on a temporary basis located at the regional office Howell, MI. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
What's in it For You?
Career Development: 6 months temporary employment offers comprehensive job training and continued mentorship.
Hourly Pay Rate: $21.00/hr
Flexible Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm; averaging 38.75 hours/week.
Benefits: Yes, Randstad offers major medical insurance, dental, vision and 401k.
Adjuster License: The Hanover will sponsor you to obtain your Claims Adjuster License within 90 days of the start date.
As an Associate Adjuster in the Auto PIP claims team, you are responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of claims in accordance with policy provisions, Michigan No Fault Act and applicable law. This includes the input of claim data and guiding insureds and claimants through the claim process and options. In this role, you will learn how to handle Auto PIP claims.
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license (s) and continuing education credits as required by the state.
- Possesses basic functional knowledge and skills reflective of study and/or job development.
- Handle Auto Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims. Claims handled may be of minimal complexity and require a complete investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation including interpretation of relevant coverages.
- Phone contact with all relevant parties is required to confirm coverage, liability, and damages.
- Take recorded statements from relevant parties, as needed.
- Works within defined limits and authority on assignments of minimal complexity.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling.
- Settlement and reserving authority levels are low and supervisory guidance is provided as appropriate.
- Required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection, if requirements are met for Alternative Work Arrangement policy.
- May be part of a formal training program.
- Ongoing training may be necessary.
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- 2 year (Associates) degree required; (Bachelor's preferred).
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in business, financial services, customer service, or insurance industry verticals.
Required Competencies and Attributes
- Time Management/Organization
- Judgement and Decision Making ?? critical thinking
- Customer Focus
- Agile and Adaptive
- Ability to embrace new technology
Please send an updated copy of your resume to on-site Account Manager Ashley Earnest @ Ashley.email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.