Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively seeking multiple Rating Specialists to join their Commercial Lines Service Operations team on a Temp to hire basis, for February 2021, located at their regional office in Howell, MI. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
What's in it For You?
- Career Development: 6 months temp to hire employment with comprehensive job training and continued mentorship ongoing.
- Starting pay: $17.00 / hour. Expectation is that this rate increases and transfers into a salary upon converting to a Hanover employee.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm during training; 9:00am - 5:30 pm after training, averaging 38.75 hours per week.
- Benefits: Yes, both as a temp and when permanent with Hanover.
As a Rating Specialist in Commercial Lines Service Operations, you are responsible for determining the premium for risks using automated and/or manual methods. In addition, you are also responsible for processing subsequent transactions and the issuance of policies using a variety of systems and resources including, but not limited to POS, PMS, ACT, Policy Creator, Microsoft Excel, and iBank. Work completed by these individuals must meet quality and service standards.
- Developing knowledge of rating 1-3 lines of business using automated and/or manual methods.
- Completing timely and accurate issuance of CL policies, quotes, endorsements, and subsequent transactions using automated and/or manual rating methods.
- Formulating partnerships with CL Underwriters and Underwriting Technicians to deliver a timely and accurate product to customers, agents and insured's.
- Rates and issues using automated methods (POS, PMS, and ACT) as well as using manual methods (i.e. manual creation of the declaration, manuscript endorsements) for multiple lines of business.
- Rating and issuance includes; new business, renewals, quotes, endorsements, non-renewals, rewrites, cancellations, crits, report values, and/or the registry for small and middle market business for multiple regions.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Technology proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Takes initiative to investigate, collaborate with others and propose solutions to problems.
- Demonstrates a "do it right the first time" attitude. Takes pride in producing a professional work product.
- Customer Service focus, anticipates customer needs on a daily basis.-
- Ability to work extremely well independently AND serve as a team player.
- Associate's Degree preferred but not required
- 1 to 2+ years of customer service, retail, banking or relevant insurance industry experience preferred.
Please send updated resume to on-site Account Manager Ashley Earnest to email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.