Randstad is the #1 HR Services company in the world. We have an exciting and immediate position open for a Greenhouse Technician to work in Marana, AZ. Our client for this position is one of the world's largest life science companies, focusing in agricultural research.
Why Randstad? Randstad is a global leader in staffing. Randstad started in 1960 on the back of our founder Frits Goldschmeding's bike, and has since grown to be number one in the staffing industry globally.
Click to apply or send resume to email@example.com
As the successful candidate for this position, you will work within a Controlled Environment Production Team using automated equipment to plant, germinate, and transplant incoming material. Duties will be both independent and team-based, working with both full-time members of the Production Team, as well as contractors. In this role, most time will be spent on your feet, covering greenhouse and growth chamber activities. You must be able to run automated equipment, work with data, use IT tools such as iPods and computers, work in a laboratory, and/or run a soil mixing line/fertigation lines.
Working hours: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Experience working with automated equipment, plants in controlled environments (greenhouse, nurseries, and/or growth chambers), in a laboratory, and/or with soil mixing/composition.
- Must be able to perform the functions of the job, with attention to detail.
- Associates degree required and 2-5 years of experience in the field; Bachelors degree with 1+ years of experience in the field or related area; or some college and experience working in a greenhouse environment
- Qualified candidates should have knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within a greenhouse environment, and rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines experience working in greenhouse, laboratory and automated facility
- Attention to detail, ability to interface with ipods, computers, and multiple software platforms
- Experience working with environmental control systems, soil, plants in production environment, or in a laboratory.
- Good communication skills and organization skills are a must.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb onto working platforms, and crawling/stooping
This is a great opportunity in a positive, innovative work environment where all workers are treated with respect and diversity is accepted.
Benefits provided by Randstad include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k; and holiday pay.
Relocation cost reimbursement is not available for this position.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.