Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively hiring an Accounting Assistant to join their Hanover Specialty Property team on a temporary- remote basis. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
What's in it For You?
Starting Pay: $18.00/hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Performs balancing activities.
- Performs daily account balancing controls to verify accuracy and correctness of premium.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations of premium and claims. Reconciliations vary from straightforward to complex.
- Runs and develops routine reporting needed to perform reconciliation and control activities.
- Makes routine postings to the general ledger.
- May process/review unclaimed property items.
- Able to dig in, research and resolve data discrepancies within necessary time frames.
- Interact and partner with supporting units on a regular basis to perform daily work e.g. Claims, Treasury, Financial Operations, Premium Audit and Accounts Payable.
- Strong ability to solve issues independently, seeking advice and guidance on more complex issues.
- Make decisions within scope of responsibility.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- 2 - 4 years of related experience. Accounting degree would be preferred.
- Being a team player, highly detailed and focused, with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work solely, yet effectively, as well as with diverse groups of people in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple projects and priorities together and achieve excellent results.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with little or no supervision; comfortable working in a fast-paced setting where meeting of time-sensitive deadlines is required.
- Ability to ensure sensitive and confidential information is not let out to unauthorized individuals.
- Experience in researching and resolving data discrepancies.
- Experience in communicating with internal customers.
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft and MS Office including Word, Excel and Access.
- Able to work remotely.
- Work is accurate and completed according to schedule.
- Produce quality work.
- Contribution to team.
- Exhibits the core values (integrity and honesty, commitment to winning, accountability for results, teamwork and collaboration) and leadership attributes critical to the success of the organization.
Please apply directly or send an updated copy of your resume to on site Account Manager Ashley Earnest at email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.