Front Desk Representative
Randstad works with one of America's Top Hospitals, located in the Boston area. They are actively looking for candidates interested in temporary or temp to hire opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience supporting a healthcare environment with front desk responsibilities, providing exceptional customer service and appointment scheduling. The Practice Assistant/ Front Desk Rep should have 2 years of experience and feel comfortable in a front facing position, and prior EPIC knowledge.
- Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in
- Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and
assistance to others in these areas.
- May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. surgical scheduling) at highest
- Utilize knowledge of HMO??s, managed care and other thirst party insurers, and troubleshoots
insurance issues as appropriate.
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
- Provide cross coverage as needed.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Phone skills: Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), handle more
complex calls and give more detailed information.
- Verbal skills: Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer more complex questions in
the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise
- Organization Skills: Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way and to sort and
alphabetize. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follows established protocols, and work
- Writing Skills: Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in
writing (via e-mail, memo or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
- System Skills: Ability to type accurately and enter data at an intermediate level. Advanced
computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
- Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms.
- Intermediate understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Intermediate comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
- Intermediate comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable
to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
Level of education required:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Work experience required:
- Minimum one year applicable work experience required.
- Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
If you are interested in the Practice Assistant position, or similar positions within healthcare in the Boston area, please share an updated copy of your resume and a short summary about you with Salma Segebre at email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.