Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group/Citizen's Insurance are actively seeking a Claims Service Representative's to join their Claims Customer Service Center on a temp to hire basis at their regional office in Itasca, IL. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offer's a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.Position Overview/Summary:
Within specific guidelines, this individual is accountable for responding to customer calls with a level of satisfaction that meets or exceeds the customer's expectations. This is accomplished by responding to the customer's inquiries in a polite, professional manner, matching their needs with our services. This individual is monitored by general supervision. Performs claim intake activities on basic claims for one or more lines of business. Individual will provide general assistance to agents, insureds and claimants. Incumbent will handle faxed in losses & inbound calls via phone queue in rapid succession.What's in it For You?
- Career Development: Long term contract with Randstad and the potential for converting to full time employment with Hanover. Offering comprehensive job training and continued mentorship ongoing.
- Starting pay: $17.00 / hour
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm for training and 9:30am-6:00pm after training.
- Benefits: Yes, Randstad offers major medical insurance, dental, vision, and 401k.
- Responds to faxed in losses and first notice calls from claimants, insureds and other parties.
- Responds to calls on established claims and determines appropriate course of action.
- Performs rental reservation, appraisal assignments, EC shops, early tow and water mitigation activities.
- Utilizing established scripts, transcribes personal, loss, damage, or injury information into the company's
- network generating an electronic claim file
- Applies basic communication skills to interpret caller's inquiries and offers options.
- Utilizes established job aids to initiate claim activities as required.
- Recognizes coverages, claim processing requirements and related data processing systems.
- Learns to identify claims that are beyond the scope of authority and takes appropriate actions.
- Contacts vendor to establish language services for language interpretation and translation.
- Associate's/Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of claims process and lines of business.
- Exhibits prescribed service behaviors that include empathy, positive attitude and patience when responding to
- incoming calls.
- Disciplined to follow scripts, while showing initiative to seek additional information as needed.
- Capitalizes on opportunities to promote EC shop or drive-in appraisal service.
- Multi-tasking with the ability to toggle between various computer applications and job aids.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Easily adapts to new, different, or changing situations, requirements, or priorities. Has an understanding
- and appreciation of individual differences.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Shares knowledge, skills or expertise with others; coaches others.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed established metrics.
- Zero to one year of customer service experience desired.
- Call center experience desired.
- Proficiency in using and toggling between multiple computer applications, dual screens and
- MS Office Suite products (Word/Excel).
- Web site navigation.
Please send your updated resume to on-site account manager, Todd Cooksey at email@example.com.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.