Randstad, in partnership with our client Bayer, has an immediate position open for a Mechanical Construction Specialist. As the successful candidate, you will be accountable for assisting Mechanical project engineers in the execution of plant projects.
Bayer is one of the world's largest life science companies, focusing in pharmaceutical, healthcare and agricultural research. This is a great opportunity in a positive, innovative work environment where all workers are treated with respect and diversity is accepted.
- Receive and review work packages from the engineers and coordinate with the awarded contractor.
- Assure the awarded contractor executes the work package according to plan, on time, on budget and safely.
- Interface with project engineers and contractors on assigned projects to control/manage project cost and schedule.
- Assist engineering in reconciling cost deviations.
- Assist in the development of construction bid packages for on site or external contractors.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Proven commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Able to multi-task and organize work while balancing competing priorities to deliver business value.
- Excellent communication, time management, and interaction skills.
- Highly motivated and fully self-directed on routine jobs.
No Degree Required
- Previous mechanical maintenance experience in the plant.
- Strong mechanical background and knowledge on different types of rotating and mechanical equipment.
- General knowledge of industry standards and codes.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and documentation associated with mechanical equipment.
- Able to review mechanical, piping and/or civil structural bids on projects or contracts for credibility.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Email, Internet, etc.).
- General user of SAP and Microsoft Project
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Benefits provided by Randstad include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k; and holiday pay.
Relocation cost reimbursement is not available for this position.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.