Randstad is looking for a maintenance mechanic for a food manufacturing company in Rocky Mount, NC. The job duties include:
- Oversee all maintenance items - Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production - Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service - Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions - Repairs machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments, electrical or electronic testing devices - Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment - Performs fabrication to include machining and general design and fit - Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments - Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools. - Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service
- May work with engineering department on special projects. - Assists in design of tooling and equipment for molds as well as welds steel and cuts steel when needed - Assist with mold set-up when required - Accomplish other job related functions as may be assigned. - Practice and promote safety at all times. - Be able to work at heights up to approximately 50 feet. - Regular and predictable attendance is an essential part of the job
Must be qualified to operate a forklift, or successfully complete training in forklift operation. - Ten (10) more years maintenance experience in a continuous operating manufacturing environment - Demonstrate strong initiative, cooperation, work ethic, attitude and technical leadership Have good attendance and have no warnings in file more serious than a verbal warning - Able to work with minimal supervision with minimal technical guidance - Licensed forklift operator - Comply with OSHA Health and Safety guidelines: - Recognize and report any safety problems, hazards, accidents, and incidents to management - Train new maintenance workers in all facets of the maintenance operations - Recommend improvement in maintenance and operational procedures - Performs mold changes when necessary
please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your resume.
May work with engineering department on special projects.
Assists in design of tooling and equipment for molds as well as welds steel and cuts steel when needed
Assist with mold set-up when required
Accomplish other job related functions as may be assigned.
Practice and promote safety at all times.
Be able to work at heights up to approximately 50 feet.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential part of the job
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Electronic Maintenance
- General Maintenance
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 12 AM - 8 AM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.