Randstad is currently accepting applications for experienced Manual Machinist for a reputable company on the Northside of Jacksonville. A minimum of 5 years of Manual Machinist experience in a machine shop required (CNC experience not applicable). Prior experience working with electric motors a plus. Pay Rate: $20-$28 an Hour. If interested, please apply and upload a current resume.
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizing and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizing.
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes (e.g., horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills).
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures and Babbitt bearing work.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinder, files, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Manual Machinist in machine shop & job shop work environment—(CNC experience is not applicable).
- Prior electric motor experience or in a machine shop is helpful and prior work experience, and/or certification, doing mig and tig welding a plus.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Mechanical Maintenance (2 years of experience is preferred)
- manual machine (5 years of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 5 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 7 AM - 3:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.