Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an esteemed national company with growth opportununities within logistics and transportation? Well Randstad has the opportunity for you!
Record Center Specialists have to kneel, squat, reach, and bend forward frequently throughout their shifts. Their primary tasks include the moving, arranging, lifting and loading of storage boxes, bins and totes. Boxes, bins and totes range in weight from 24lbs 50lbs. Employees move boxes manually and via hand carts.
Protective footwear is required and shall meet ASTM F2413-11
- Standard Specification for Performance Requirements for Protective ( Safety) Toe Cap Footwear and have a slip-resistant rating designated as Better or Best
Job Summary/Work Schedule Normal Work Schedule: 5 days a week, 9 hours a day including 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks. Description of position and job requirements: Employees process orders and move boxes of files, books, binders and other materials. The work is very physical requiring the manual lifting, carrying, and moving/arranging of boxes while standing, stooping, crawling, kneeling and twisting. Employees must be able to lift and carry boxes ranging in weight from 24-50lbs on a regular basis, without assistance. Employees must be able to load and safely operate hand trucks and pallet jacks while walking on uneven and concrete surfaces.
- Walk, stand, kneel, squat, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
- Work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry boxes including up and down inclines, stairs, and over changes in walking surface/elevation
- Read and write English
- Lift and move boxes, read labels, and process incoming and outgoing orders.
- Operate hand held scanner
- Climb and balance on Ladder Carts (not step ladders)
- Lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance for prolonged periods
- Employee must be able to load, operate and move hand carts, pallet jacks and various other material handling aids
- Load and shrink wrap pallets at ground level, or on carts
- Load boxes onto pallets and load pallets onto trucks manually and with material handling aids
We are seeking candidates that are willing and able to complete 8 hours of physical labor a day while being able to pull up to 300 boxes per day. There is potential for some of these to be hired on full time as well, so this is more than just a temporary position. Hours are fixed to 32 hours per week at either a Monday-Thursday or Tuesday - Friday schedule per week.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- Lifting (1 year of experience is required)
- Pulling (1 year of experience is required)
- Loading (1 year of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level:Entry Level
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.