Are you looking to work at one of Long Island's Top Employer's, in a long term, temp to perm position with substantial overtime and room for growth? We are recruiting for a Night Shift Production Coordinator in Brentwood's Heartland Industrial Park!
This is a great opportunity within a top notch, culturally diverse Warehouse that is just minutes from the Deer Park train station!
Base hours are from 5pm-130am, and 5pm-5am when busy, to include weekends and holidays as business needs dictate. Pay rate is $18 per hour, and overtime rate is $27!
Ideal candidated will be motivated, have experience within a Production Environment and possess excellent communication skills and proficient computer skills.
1. Responsible for production sign-offs/audits on all jobs, including material/ media/ indicia verification.
2. Responsible for ensuring all operators have received proper technical training including Jetvision, Intel, and double detection checks. Additionally, ensure Operators have received proper quality and ISO training.
3. Responsible for all mail industry production equipment such as Bindery, Insertion and Postal sort. Must know their capabilities, workflow enhancements and limitations.
4. Assists in overseeing all labor on the Production floor ensuring the operation is running efficiently. Utilizes outside temp agencies to increase and decrease labor as volume dictates.
5. Delegates and ensures all machines have work (minimize down time) and the right jobs are on the right machines; monitors and maximizes machine throughput.
6. Responsible for Cross Training associates across Production Operations to reduce labor costs and position associates on the proper equipment.
7. Plans/ Monitors/ Schedules proper labor to match volume needs dictated by workflow.
8. Ensures following shift is prepared to run as efficiently as possible. Assist the Production Supervisor with the EOS turnover.
9. Delegates and ensures all jobs on the Must-Mail list are prioritized and completed in the proper order. Track all "AMD jobs" and increase communication between departments to ensure must mail deadlines are met.
10. Responsible for pulling jobs from supporting areas (Print Room, Forms, Inkjet, Scheduling) to help meet/exceed SLA's.
11. Share in the responsibility for staffing of associates during Proxy season, Saturday Confirms, and month end statement runs. Also must be prepared to work extended hours as applicable.
12. Ensure material handlers keep machines filled with proper material/ envelopes required for the job, giving the Warehouse proper lead-time. Ensure all material handlers are trained and that all skids are scanned accurately using the RF gun. Monitors RF guns and ensure all personnel are licensed. Ensures the envelopes and materials are audited to ensure accurate counts on inventory.
13. Works with outside vendors to accommodate sorting needs and forecast labor needs
14. Ensures feedback is given to team members in a timely manner and encourages the use of kiosks to ensure all associates are informed of all Broadridge events and opportunities.
15. Ensure all safety standards are met and adhered to.
16. Ensures all surplus material is properly moved and keeps the production floor clean of debris
17. Fills in and assumes all Production Supervisor responsibilities in the Production Supervisor's absence.
18. Monitor daily reports on throughput and quality using IQ, and gives proper feedback to operators. All Coordinators must communicate regularly with team on all process improvements.
19. Accountable to meet and exceed cost per unit targets on production floor.
20. Coaches, counsels, motivate, develop, supports, encourages and instructs floor leads and operators on the production floor.
21. Position requires daily communication / updates with management on strategic work scheduling issues and planning of proper labor hours.
As a Production Coordinator you will oversee workflow and Operator Associates on the production floor.
Responsible for all mail industry production equipment such as Bindery, Insertion and Postal sort. Must know their capabilities, workflow enhancements and limitations.
Assists in overseeing all labor on the Production floor ensuring the operation is running efficiently. Utilizes outside temp agencies to increase and decrease labor as volume dictates.
Delegates and ensures all machines have work (minimize down time) and the right jobs are on the right machines; monitors and maximizes machine throughput.
Responsible for Cross Training associates across Production Operations to reduce labor costs and position associates on the proper equipment.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- standing for 5 hours at one time
- working up to 20 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Production Control
- communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- Schedule Adherence
- Years of experience: 0 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 5 PM - 5 AM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.