We are looking for a detail-oriented Order Selector to be responsible for managing and filling incoming customer orders and ensuring they are correct. The Order Selector's responsibilities include selecting, storing, packing, and monitoring the inventory of products and equipment, and performing tasks related to the shipping and transporting of customer orders. This is a physically demanding job and may require the Order Selector to travel to other warehouse locations.
To be a successful Order Selector, you should have strong team working and organizational skills and you should demonstrate attention to detail. You should be physically fit, able to operate warehouse equipment and machinery, and have the ability to maintain an awareness of your surroundings when transporting items in a busy warehouse.
- Reading customer orders accurately.
- Locating and selecting the specific warehouse items to fulfill the customer's order.
- Operating forklifts and other warehouse machinery to stack items and prepare orders for shipping.
- Placing the prepared orders in the correct dock slips for loading onto shipping trucks.
- Performing visual inspections of orders to ensure they are correct and ready for shipment.
- Labeling order shipments correctly for easy identification.
- Applying shrink wrap to the prepared order before shipping.
- Following warehouse safety procedures for the operation of equipment, such as wearing proper clothing, safe food handling, and maintaining awareness of your surroundings and the other workers when transporting items.
- Keeping the warehouse clean and organized at all times.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 35lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- Order Fulfillment
- Order Picking
- Order Pulling
- Order Processing
- Order Filling
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Entry Level
Working hours: 8 AM - 4 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.