Randstad is partnering with a boat manufacturer near Knoxville, TN to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Manager with a proven background in manufacturing processes, engineering methods and leadership. This position will pay $75,000-$110,000 depending on level of experience. Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing engineering groups.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific problem-solving tools, automation, continuous improvement and statistical process control techniques.
- Manage, oversee, guide and support the manufacturing engineering team to resolve problems and make improvements in manufacturing processes
- Coordinate process, material and design changes to continuously improve safety, quality and productivity throughout the plant
- Manage Continuous Improvement activities
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to reduce costs using knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, product design, materials and parts.
- Develop processes to improve new model introduction.
- Assure accuracy of Bill of Materials Promote cohesive work environment between ME, Product Engineering, Quality and manufacturing departments
- Manage a $2M departmental budget and forecast budget requirements for midterm and long-term planning
- Plan short and long-term tooling and fixturing needs, tooling fabrication schedule and tooling budgets
- Manage and lead subordinate staff in their day to day activity
- production engineering
- lean manufacturing
- continuous improvement
- Years of experience: 5 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 4 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.