We are looking for a technical representative to work for an industrial sewing machine company based out of Doral. This person will be assist distribution centers and customers on the west coast. They must have the ability to travel at short notice. Experience with mechanics and electronics in order to provide technical support in person and over the phone. This person needs to communicate in both English and Spanish, this includes reading and writing both languages.
- Help around office and technical department.
- Submit daily, weekly, monthly reports upon request.
- Submit detail trip and expense reports
- Gather and file all hard copies and computer technical information.
- Continuous self-training on machines using instruction and engineers’ manuals.
- Valid updated passport to be able to travel internationally on short notice.
- Provide industrial sewing machine technical support upon request by email, phone, in or out of office at customer or distributor location within the western hemisphere.
- Work with distributors and dealers on all technical industrial sewing machine issues and be able to conduct clear technical presentations.
- Help customers with operation and repair of new industrial sewing machine and non-apparel equipment under warranty.
- Help with improvements and updates on stock ordered from HQ
- Update industrial sewing machines and non-apparel machines
- Help with set up and sales promotion of new machines by traveling to shows.
- Monitor industrial sewing machine performance of new machines with clients in our territory.
- Travel to customer or distributors as needed per manager’s request on short notice.
- Assist managers’ with workload as needed. Including packing machines over 50 pounds.
- Maintain shop/showroom and continuously check for safety hazards
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- working weekends
- Sewing Machine tech (2 years of experience is required)
- Technical Support (5 years of experience is required)
- Customer support (5 years of experience is required)
- travel to distribution centers (2 years of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 3 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.