We are looking for a Shear and Press Braker operator for a fabricator located in Miami Gardens. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Knowledge in sheet metal fabrication, setups, soldering, precision sheet metal cutting, etc.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form.
- Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Repairs and maintains sheet metal products.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- working weekends
- Press Operation (5 years of experience is required)
- Trimming (5 years of experience is required)
- welding (5 years of experience is required)
- shear operator (5 years of experience is required)
- Blueprint Reading (5 years of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 5 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.