Are you an experienced Supervisor looking for an opportunity to make an impact with a growing 3PL company? Do you have the ambition to create shipping processes that will improve the company's performance? If so, it's time to leave your mark with a great company! We are looking for a Supervisor for a 3PL company based in Baldwin Park CA. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, and efficiency through the implementation of effective processes, strategies, and key performance indicators. How you will contribute
- Manage the shipping team to maintain and improve efficiency and quality
- Monitor daily KPI’s, Metrics and reports
- Work with all other departments to ensure timely shipping is being met.
- Provide proactive timely solutions
ResponsibilitiesMain Responsibilities - Shipping Supervisor
- Leadership and supervision of shipping employees (permanent and temporary employees) across shift, including scheduling and time card approval.
- Maintain daily shipping schedule and alert carrier dispatch for no shows or late pickups
- Ensure all orders are staged effectively and efficiently for quick and accurate loading into trailers
- Ensure accurate loading of outbound freight (correct freight to correct carrier, correct qty’s shipped, etc.).
- QC daily dock check report for accuracy and report any issues to Inventory Control and General Manager
- Ensure all shipping documents are created and maintained accurately. This includes BOLs, Hold tags and associated documents.
- Develop improvement plans to increase efficiency in the shipping operation.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in all active shipping and shipment staging locations
- Perform shipping functions as needed, including driving a forklift.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 4 hours at one time
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 2 PM - 10:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.