Expanding Food and Beverage Distributor, seeks experienced Food Safety Manager for the Southeast locations (Miami, Orlando, Atlanta). This role is responsible for building a food safety program from scratch for a distribution facility with a small packaging facility inside the distribution facility. This role is also responsible for maintaining the food safety program and culture he/she is expected to create. This role acts as a solo contributor. • Travel to Orlando and Atlanta will be required to adapt these food safety documents once they are finalized for the Miami site. Otherwise, no further travel to these sites will be required.
• There may be some travel to US based/local suppliers if required. Pay starts at $80K a year.
- Ensure that the HAACP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) programs are maintained and updated as need with the assistance the HACCP/Food Safety Coordinator and the direction of the Corporate Director of Food Safety.
- Implementation of company quality program and sanitation systems (including SSOPs). Ensure adherence to approved programs to assure food safety and product quality and that we are meeting all USDA regulations.
- Managing, maintaining and prepare QA and Food Safety documentation needed for third-part audits.
- Manage and maintain label approval records for items produced at the plant location.
- Work with Corporate food Safety team, Technical Service Manager, corporate QA team and indirect purchasing to maintain all necessary product information (i.e. spec, allergen info, nutritional info, ingredient formulations).
- strong quality review involvement in the initial production runs of new items.
- Maintain raw material inspection programs including raw material specifications.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Food Safety
- HAACP Certified
- Years of experience: 5 years
- Experience level:Manager
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.