Warehouse Supervisor Department: Warehouse Exemption Status: Exempt Reports To: Warehouse Manager Supervises: Warehouse Assocs. Warehouse Clerks, Yard Switcher
- Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar management position.
- working knowledge of warehouse operations and management.
- Above standard organizational skills necessary to follow sequence of operations in relation to the multiple functions.
- Analytical thinking to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, to include the use of skillful questioning to draw out the data needed to support decision making.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, apply judgment and understand sense of urgency to support the sales, marketing, purchasing and production efforts.
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating, and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- standing for 2 hours at one time
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Food Production
- Warehouse Supervising
- Allergen Knowledge
- Strategic Thinking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Production Knowledge
- Years of experience: 0 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 7 AM - 4 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.