Summary: This position oversees production in CNC Machining work cell consisting of 6 production CNCs of various makes & a CNC Lathe. Primary duties include changing over CNC setups, troubleshooting quality issues, training and supervising operators, & developing new programs & improving existing ones to bolster throughput. Items to be machined are metal injection molding including low alloy steels, stainless steels, other non-ferrous alloys, & plastic part machining. Train & monitor the performance of operators scheduled to perform select functions on CNC machines. Qualifications Minimum 2-5 years experience as a CNC Programmer/Machinist Knowledge of HAAS Milling and Lathe Controller, G Code & Fanuc Controller High School diploma/GED Ability to read, write & communicate in English Ability to direct & train personnel while monitoring performance Technical school graduate Supervising experience Manufacturing background Read and interpret engineering drawings (GD&T) Manual Milling / Lathe Operation
- Program CNC operations using Mastercam CNC software.
- Implement use of probing to minimize inspection requirements and ensure consistent quality
- Selects and installs tools
- Determine machine control settings to regulate positioning, speeds and feeds
- Monitor operation and machine displays to detect malfunctions
- Measure parts for conformity with specifications
- Responsible for machined parts meeting print specifications
- Create workholding sub plate fixtures for CNC pallets.
- Order cutting tools as needed and ensure adequate inventory to keep production running
- Work with end mill vendors to upgrade cutting tools wherever possible
- Order steel stock materials as needed
- Maintain CNC machines- coolant levels, concentrations, etc.
- Coordinate required machine maintenance at regular intervals.
- Machine/create CNC part workholding fixture programs.
- Machine/manufacture secondary manual machining operation fixtures.
- Machine/ manufacture secondary operation coining fixtures.
- CNC Programming
- HAAS Milling
- Lathe Controller
- G Code
- Fanuc Controller
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.