Production Planner and Scheduler
A manufacturer in Warminster, Pa who provides steel, fibre, and plastic drums; intermediate bulk containers (IBCs); filling services; and reconditioning. Pay is $24-26 per hour
Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of drums and applicable parts. Plan and track shipping and applicable paperwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes sequence and lead time for assigned work centers to meet shipping dates according to customer orders
- Plans workflow for each assigned work center according to previously established customer requirements, safety stock requirements, and forecast requirements
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Prepares production related reports, such as daily and weekly demand
- Processes job completions, reviews open jobs, and troubleshoots delinquent jobs
- Develops and controls production schedules and inventory levels of parts based on order demand and sales forecasts to match production levels with customer requirements and targeted inventory levels Daily coordination/partnership with production supervisors, customer service, 3PL's, plant management and quality department to evaluate any changes needed in the production schedule
- Executes report functions providing timely data and information used to drive the schedule decision making process
- Evaluates manufacturing or parts challenges and constraints and develops solutions to overcome.
- In collaboration with the operations team, drives continuous improvement to increase production quality and yields
- Plan and track shipping/distribution metrics
- Works with manufacturing departments to meet / exceed their expectations to ship product.
- Liaison between Operations and Customer Service to achieve business goals and objectives
- Responsible for decision making around shipping / distribution metrics and the actions to achieve those metrics.
Working hours: 6 am-4 pm
At Time of Hire: AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 5 years of related experience.
Will consider HS and 5-8 years of experience in lieu of formal education.
Factory experience (Operations, Manufacturing or Production) preferred and may be accepted in lieu of a degree or certifications.
send resumes to email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.