We are currently hiring for a warehouse manager to work with a well established Biotech organization in Redwood City. This organization offers great perks such as; PTO, Catered Lunches, Fun Office environment, etc. This is a Monday through Friday position, overseeing 2-4 warehouse staff and ensuring the operations is ran smoothly.
Your duties would include but are not limited to:
- Communicate needs, changes, and problems effectively with purchasing, fulfillment, warehousing and senior management
- Responsible for operational management of warehouse facilities/staff, shipping and receiving, pick and pack processes, inventory organization and counts, space planning.
- Inventory Control & auditing (cycle counts, product in pick locations, product rotation, dating, labeling, etc)
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions/plans.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Will be responsible for creating a swing shift team to assist with warehouse duties
- Monitors results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Coordinate daily activity to track location and movement of inventory via UPS, trucking, and ocean carriers.
- Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, and pricing.
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers. Active involvement in problem solving.
- Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation: enforcing adherence to requirements: advising management on needed actions.
Working hours: 8am - 5pm
--Previous supervision or management experience
--Previous lab or biotech experience a plus
--Material planning & order management experience equal to 3-5 years
--Strong analytic background preferred
--Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with multiple departments
--Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma approach
--Must be highly organized and process-oriented
--MS Office Proficiency
--Possess strong problem-solving skills related to people and inventory
--Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
----Up to 10% Travel
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.