Maintenance position within a manufacturing environment. Focus on learning and gaining experience in how to effectively support the maintenance process including lubrication, inspection, general maintenance repair, assembly and disassembly of components, machine shop operations, problem troubleshooting, and correction. Working alongside experienced mechanics, the Maintenance Apprentice will rotate through different maintenance functions and different areas of the manufacturing facility to gain experience. Complete all school and classroom requirements in apprenticeship program.
The Maintenance Apprentice will work with and be mentored by experienced mechanics to gain experience and become competent in the following responsibilities:
1. Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor
2. Start up and shuts down equipment in accordance with operation???s requirements, company safety procedures and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
3. Perform basic mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance tasks in a safe, efficient manner, which supports the continuous improvement process within the facility.
4. Diagnose and repair activities with detailed working procedures. Determines materials, replacement parts, and tools/parts needed to proceed with logical approach to repairs, maintenance and rebuilds.
5. Set-up, adjust, calibrate, and operate equipment; perform layout and bench work; inspect, dismantle, repair, rebuild, assemble, weld, install and lubricate machinery and mechanical equipment throughout the manufacturing facility.
6. Inspect for defects, misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication and determine best process for making repairs with limited interruption to production.
7. Assist in maintaining building needs (heating and cooling systems).
8. Disassemble moves and/or relocates existing equipment and install new equipment.
9. Provide for safe disposal of all toxic materials and supplies.
10. Maintain tools and work area in a safe, neat and secure manner.
11. Maintain daily work logs and update equipment and component records, and if applicable, electronic Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
12. Maintain preventative maintenance and lubrication schedules.
13. Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 6 AM - 12 AM
Basic mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills. Ability to operate machines and hand-tools relevant to a manufacturing environment.
?? Must be available to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift as needed
?? Overtime is not guaranteed, but it is required when needed.
High School Diploma or GED required.
1+ years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.