Randstad is currently looking for an Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician. This individual installs, troubleshoots, and repairs complex mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment and distribution systems involving electrical work of a broad nature including knowledge of digital and analog circuitry. Diagnoses and maintains complex hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems. Repairs and replaces all apparatus. Troubleshoot and Program PLC systems. Works under the direction of the foreman. Performs other tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, and repairs complex wiring circuits and distribution systems to applicable codes for new equipment/repairs.
- Installs and maintains complex mechanical, electrical and electronic components of varied equipment
- Diagnoses complex mechanical and electrical troubles and breakdowns. Performs necessary repairs and replaces all electrical apparatus as needed to continue production.
- Install, Troubleshoot and Maintain industrial components, controls, instrumentation and industrial control wiring.
- Works from complex wiring diagrams, codebooks, and similar documents.
- Operates production equipment to check work as required.
- Installs/programs/repairs programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Continue to train others as needed.
- Good predictive analysis and preventative maintenance skills
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the plant.
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of electrical principles. Knowledge of wiring schematics. Knowledge of use and repairs of PLC control systems. Knowledge in computers sufficient to utilize word processors, spreadsheets, and PLC interface applications. Demonstrated ability to continue learning new and complex programs.
- Knowledge of standard mechanical procedures necessary to repair and maintain equipment.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms.
- Ability to be comfortable and safety conscious when operating machinery. Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve problems. Knowledge of welding and cutting.
- Knowledge of waste disposal.
Certified in the related mechanic, electrical or electronics field, five years of solid, direct electrical experience in an industrial environment and working experience with pneumatic, hydraulics, programmable drives, and servo drive systems. Must have extensive experience operating and programming PLC's, drives and controllers. Knowledge of the National Electrical Code is required. Experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems is required.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.