- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
- Follows all lockout/tagout procedures.
- Controls machine downtime by informing production workers and supervisors of routine scheduled preventative maintenance as well as performing necessary basic maintenance.
- Maintains equipment and parts by checking stock to determine inventory levels and reporting parts or supplies needed to Supervisor.
- Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoot relays, switches and motors.
- Able perform a wide range of operations connected with maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, facility, chemical and mechanical processes. (water, gas, air, hydraulic, Painting, building repair, sanitation procedures, calibration etc.).
Working hours: 10 PM - 8 AM
- Works independently on advanced projects.
- Able to take production calls with minimal assistance.
- Maintain a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promote teamwork.
- Verify GMP's and Safety standards (OSHA) are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted.
- Ensure all food safety- principles and legal requirements have been applied effectively.
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to work additional hours or beyond standard schedule with little or no notice.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements.
--High School Diploma or GED.
--2 - 3 years' experience as a maintenance technician strongly preferred.
--Strong maintenance background preferred.
--Reliable employee that can work independently
--Reads and perform work as assigned by Supervisor.
--Perform additional duties as needed.
--Ability to follow directions and specific instruction
--Ability to safely operate forklifts, scissor and aerial lifts.
--Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
--Ability to comply with procedures, rules and policies
--Ability to contribute to a team environment
--Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
--Excellent Organization Skills.
--Knowledge of proper power tool usage.
--Knows flow and processes of company products and procedures.
--Familiar with FDA, SQF, USDA, RTE regulations.
--Experienced with CMMS systems.
--Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
--Strong Communication Skills.
--Able to make appropriate decisions with minimal intervention.
--Must be able to speak, read, and write legibly in English.
--Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
--Basic computer skills and ability to type and enter data into computer systems regularly.
--Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations and measurements
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.