Join our team today!
We are currently looking for experienced forklift operators/warehouse workers to join our company in South Windsor, CT.
We supply the industry's top fabricators and building material dealers with category-leading products for the residential, commercial and remodeling markets.
Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to appropriate associates for processing.
Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be picked, packed, checked and shipped.
SKU label new inbound items and move from receiving to storage areas.
Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
Pick orders using VoCollect, leader in voice selecting technology
Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets.
Maintain a clean, well-organized, safe working environment.
Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate process.
Assisting in counting of physical inventory and conducting regular cycle counts.
May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
Preparing parcels for mailing.
Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
Wearing the proper safety equipment.
Working hours: 7 AM - 4 PM
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Voice picking experience a plus
- Lumber / building product experience
- Receiving experience
- Inventory control experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.