Looking for a full time diesel mechanic to work at local dealership of excavating equipment. Needs to have good diagnostic experience with both computers as well as mechanical diagnosis. We are looking for someone who can perform preventive maintenance services to engine rebuilds.
- Dealership Experience is a plus
- Inspect and maintain bulldozers, troubleshoot mechanical problems, test major components-
- Performs repair and maintenance of all mobile equipment; excavators, loaders, dozers, back hoes, etc.
- Identifies and records any problems
- Effectively implements solutions for problems
- Operating and inspecting equipment to diagnose defects
- Visually inspecting and listening to machines and equipment to locate cause of malfunctions
- Dismantling and reassembling mobile equipment to gain access to problem area
- Repairing, replacing, cleaning and lubricating parts as necessary
- Repairing malfunctioning hydraulic components
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical problems
- Replacing malfunctioning subassemblies and components (e.g., transmissions, clutches, differentials, engines, etc.)
- Welding, cutting, and fabricating of all equipment & components
- Changing oil, checking and changing batteries, and performing complete lubrication tasks on equipment
- Changing tires
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Making recommendations for equipment to be repaired
Working hours: 7 AM - 5 PM
- 5+ years Mechanics experience with heavy equipment
- Dealership / Sales Experience is a plus
- Technical Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics will need to be familiar with electronics, be able to read blueprints, or use electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics need to be able to look at mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems, identify problems, and think about possible solutions.
- Mechanical Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics will need familiarity with parts and components of complex machinery and engines, as well as the tools to fix them.
- Attention to Detail: Some parts need to be in the exact right place, or they will not work. Being able to pay attention to the minute details of heavy equipment repair will be necessary.
Benefits Include :
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Address:
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Minimum five (5) years recent medium/heavy diesel maintenance experience
- Counter Sales / Dealership experience a plus
- Knowledge on completing PMs
- Ensure cleanliness of shop and surrounding areas.
- Basic computer skills
- CDL license a plus
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold temperatures
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.