Randstad is currently seeking a Forklift Operator for our valued client in Wilsonville. This company is a leading distributer of medical supplies to the surrounding area. The position is full time, temp to hire and will pay $15.00 an hour to start. There are 2 shifts available, Monday through Thursday and Friday through Monday. Working hours are 2p - 1am. After conversion this shift will receive an 8% shift differential.
Responsible for ensuring that all warehouse functions are completed accurately and on time, including incoming/ outgoing shipments and documentation while adhering to company standards and safety. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled and on time deliveries. This position requires the use of a cherry picker/forklift.
SHIPPING and RECEIVING
1. Ensures the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities.
2. Assures that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies.
3. Collects all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents including receiving paperwork are filed appropriately.
4. Pick orders to be shipped as needed, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping and examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
5. Schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
6. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
7. Identifies backorders and places merchandise in designated holding area for expedited handling.
8. Receives UPS orders and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
9. Verifies (recounts) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise.
10. Utilize material warehouse management system to ascertain catalog number, size, color, and quantity of merchandise to be picked from bins, shelves, or locations.
11. Picks customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
12. Utilize material handling equipment, safely and efficiently, to transport product to shipping locations or delivery platforms and ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
13. Organize items of pallet by hospital unit as necessary and repacks and weigh orders which require special handling.
14. Maintains warehouse equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction and connecting battery to recharging station at the end of shift.
15. Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
Working hours: 2 PM - 1 AM
Experience with an RF Scanner or Voice Pick a plus
Prior experience working in a distribution center a plus.
Ability to operate a forklift and/or cherry picker
Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
General knowledge of math, reading, accounting and typing
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
High School diploma or GED
Good attention to detail
Willingness to submit to pre-employment drug screen and background check
Good Attendance record
Ability to adhere to all safety rules and requirements
Steel toe boots/shoes are required for this position
Ability to work all overtime hours
If you're interested in this Randstad opportunity, please apply online, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call our office at: (503) 620-6074.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.