Quality Assurance Supervisor
Under the direction of the Director of QA, the QA Supervisor will assist in implementing and monitoring all Food Quality and Food Safety Programs, with a focus on line audits, direct observations , micro sampling and testing, document review, document management, product evaluation and related training and performance evaluation activities as assigned.
* Supervise, schedule and coordinate Quality Assurance techs.
* mentor and train QA techs on all quality, food safety and personnel safety guidelines
* Work closely with other depts to ensure quality and food safety practices are met
* Assist in preparing for 3rd party audits
* Schedule daily microbiologic sampling for raw and finished product
* Monitor and enforce all GMP/Food Safety compliance
* Review, date and sign daily HACCP CCP documentation
* Conduct QA Supervisor Daily Checklist
* Conduct Pre-Op Inspection or appoint to alternate QA Tech - document corrective actions as necessary
* ATP Pre-Operational Environmental swabs and complete trend analysis report
* Customer Complaint database entry and document correct actions
* Verify CCP deviations and documentation
* Non-Confirming product review and report
* Prepare and ship customer samples as requested
* Conduct direct observations of quality and food safety checks
* Responsible for enforcing the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 system
* Enforce proper use of PPE and OSHA guidelines
* Will assume role responsibilities in case of absence of QA Manager
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
* HACCP formalized training - CERTIFIED
* SQF Practitioner strongly preferred
* PCQI Strongly preferred
* 1-2 years of supervisory exp preferred
* Working knowledge of GMP's and Good Lab Practices
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Word, Excel, and Access exp required
* Bachelor Degree in Science related field, preferably Microbiology, Crop Science, Biology, Chemistry, Agriculture Business and/or Food Science OR 6 years comparable Quality Assurance work experience in a
food plant manufacturing environment.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.