This position uses gas, electric, or liquid propane powered forklifts and RF scanning equipment to collect and deliver a wide variety of materials, while adhering to good safety practices in carrying out duties. Assists in maintaining inventory accuracy through identified process and procedures. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Operations Supervisor and follows prescribed guidelines or procedures in the performance of work activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Delivers materials (raw materials, components, finished goods) to work areas as directed.
2. Replenishes production lines to ensure daily work schedules are met.
3. Assists in maintaining inventory accuracy through scanning unique pallet tags to discrete warehouse locations.
4. Accurate reporting of production work orders through use of RF scanning equipment.
5. Rotates stock and ensures a damage free environment.
6. Identifies and isolates non-conforming material physically and systematically
7. Observes guidelines on safety, dress code, and housekeeping at all times; reports any potential safety hazards on equipment or machinery in use; wears prescribed personal protective equipment.
8. Maintains work area following general housekeeping and regulatory rules; participates in chemical spill cleanup when necessary. May perform other duties as signed including but not limited to production.
9. Performs all work in accordance with quality and safety guidelines and procedures; demonstrates clear understanding of these quality objectives
Working hours: 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM
--Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
--Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in routine situations.
--Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb, stoop, talk, hear and see for extended periods of time; ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds; specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
--Ability work near moving machinery and/or in high precarious places and to have limited exposure to fumes or airborne particles and/or toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, vibration, and extreme heat or cold.
--Some travel may be required.
High school diploma or G.E.D and 2-3 years fork-lift experience in manufacturing, distribution or other environment, the ability to perform routine work assignments and operation of RF scanning equipment required. OSHA Forklift Certification a plus. Must possess ability to work independently without direct supervision. Demonstrated skills in communication, math, and reading. Must be able to work cooperatively as part of a team. An attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines are essential. Must have demonstrated ability to understand all SOP's and use them as a working tool; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; mathematical aptitude; ability to meet and adhere to all attendance and hours of work requirements; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; ability to work with hands; ability to work overtime as required.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.