My client in Minneapolis is looking for a Production Shop Manager to join their team as a direct hire! They are looking for a safety conscious individual with management experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment. They offer Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-term Disability; Long-term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Salary depends on experience 55,000 to 60,000 a year- 1st shift schedule
- Manage a team of 8 to 12 employees
- Oversee the implementation of the shop safety program so that employees can work in a safe environment, accidents are avoided, an accident investigation process is in place and compliance with laws is assured. Very safety focused!
- Direct foremen with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Manage workforce levels of all shop-related personnel and oversee the scheduling of their work hours so that customer needs are met on time.
- Maintain inventory at levels established by the Branch Manager and order reinforcing bars as needed so that customer needs can be met within established inventory goals.
- Recommend the hiring and releasing of production personnel as required to maintain the production schedule.
?? Assist in branch settlement of customer claims or disputes, the scheduling of emergency customer requirements, the estimating of costs on special fabrication problems, and the general maintenance of good customer relations.
?? Assure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
Purchase needed replacement parts, and recommend to management any capital expenditures so that the shop can operate with the most up-to-date and efficient plant and equipment as possible.
?? Schedule overtime as required.
?? Provide management with appropriate operating data so that accurate costs can be maintained and efficiency can be improved.
?? Maintain good employee relations and adherence to company policies; take proper and judicious disciplinary measures when required. Interpret all Human Resources policy and practices to all shop-related personnel so that all employees know what is expected of them and, in turn, what they can expect from their employer.
?? Assure efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department.
?? Establish accountability and goals used for performance evaluation.
Working hours: 5:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- 5+ years of reinforcing steel fabrication or directly related manufacturing or heavy industrial experience
- At least 3 years' experience as a supervisor
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA Industrial Safety Standards
- OSHA 10 certification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of business, labor relations, cost accounting, and industrial regulations
- OSHA 30 certificate or OSHA knowledge or training
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy, dusty, hot, cold
Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities
?? Skilled at communicating, motivating, supervising, planning, computer literacy, mechanical aptitude and employee relation
?? Extended hours may be required during peak production
?? Occasional travel may be necessary
?? Must maintain confidentiality of personnel records and sensitive business information
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, interviewing immediately!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.