Quality Control Technician
Randstad is currently seeking a Quality Technician for a valued client in Tigard. The position is Monday- Friday, 8:30am- 5pm. The position will pay $14-$16 an hour.
Carry out Quality and Compliance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to assure the quality of products. This position includes policy documentation and implementation and attention to detail is vital to this role. Your day will consist of roughly 50% Computer and technical writing, 40% Inspections, 10% Miscellaneous tasks.
* Sample raw materials, buy outs, bulk products, packaging components, labels, cartons and compare to standards.
* Review certificates of analysis attached to each shipment of raw materials and buy outs; ensure they conform with approved product specifications.
* Release, reject or quarantine materials based on comparison with approved specifications.
* Submit change requests for product specifications and other necessary document changes.
* Generate non-conforming material reports.
* Generate samples for testing; maintain testing records.
* Review the text on labels and cartons.
* Maintain current reference standards and retain samples.
* Perform inspections of floor areas and set ups of equipment.
* Perform inspections and approval of products and components based on a bill of materials.
* Perform physical inspection checks on products.
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
* Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's).
* Ability to draft technical documents
* Excellent oral and written skills, in English.
* Record keeping principles and procedures.
* Computer applications related to work, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
* Great interpersonal skills.
* Strong administrative, time management and organizational skills.
* Attention to detail is a must.
* Modern office practices and methods.
* Operate modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software applications.
* Operate material handling equipment.
* Process complex and technical materials.
* Must be able to stand for up to 1 hour at a time.
*Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull, e.g. during equipment inspections.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull materials, material handling equipment and objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
* Must be able to wear appropriate PPE for moderate noise and particulate levels; intermittent exposure.
If you're interested in this Randstad opportunity, please apply online, e-mail your resume to Holly.Janssen@randstadusa.com and/or call our office at: (503) 620-6074.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.