Randstad, Norfolk is looking for skilled CNC Machine Operators to work in a fast paced production environment in the Norfolk and Virginia Beach areas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Read and understand blueprints, job routing, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Follow established fabrication procedures and standards.
- Give feedback on programming or setup changes.
- Position, load, secure, and set tools while understanding run out, tool length, stick outs, and proper holder based on what the tool is doing.
- Load and send programs.
- Recognize, understand and properly adjust dull or chipped tooling.
- Set, index, and adjust work offsets of tools, tool wear lengths, and cutter compensation. .
- Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of tolerance zones specified on blueprints.
- Set up and operate machine tools which would include 4th axis machines and 5th axis machines.
- Set up and operate machine tools and machines, make fixtures, and assemble fixtures- for experimental purposes.
- Modify tools as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a high school diploma plus 1-3 years of experience in a machine shop environment required. However, a combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration.
- Journeyman card preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
- High awareness of client satisfaction level and client needs.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate speed and feed values for various materials.
- Understanding of G and M codes, machine and fixture set-up, canned cycles, work offset coordinate system.
- Ability to read and understand prints and tolerances.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as- outside micrometers, bore micrometer, height and bore gauge, calipers, gauge pins and indicators.
- Ability to determine sequence of operations to efficiently manufacture parts start to finish.
- Understanding of basic machine implements- keys, threads, bearing fit and bushings as well as basic geometry.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
- The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and good problem-solving skills and be able to interact efficiently with others.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Two year trade degree will be considered
Please respond with resumes only to be considered for next steps.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.