Perform routine, preventive and emergency repairs on building and grounds, laboratory, and manufacturing equipment to ensure on-time delivery of quality product to our valued customers and to preserve the company's investment in the equipment, facility and grounds.
Position solves mechanical, electrical and PLC related problems. Each repair, whether mechanical or electrical goes through an analytical thought process. Starting with the most probable cause an elimination process begins and continues until the root cause is identified.
A simple task such as replacing a drive belt on a piece of equipment requires determining what if anything caused the failure. Was it due to worn or misaligned pulleys, starting the equipment without turning the speed down etc. Help is generally obtained through the operator in determining what caused the breakdown. Information such as what if anything did they notice when the breakdown occurred noises, vibrations, speed not turned down etc. Equipment manuals and drawings may further aid in pulley alignment or other possible causes listed in the troubleshooting section. Coworkers, Plant Engineers and the Facility Manager are invaluable sources of knowledge and may have encountered the same or similar experience with this equipment in the past Equipment manufacturers may also aid with possible causes, technical information etc.
Mechanics wear pagers and are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Although the frequency of call-ins are kept to a minimum, this is a critical function in times of emergency during power outages, water main breaks, fire alarms etc. Snow removal duties require each individual to be self motivated and monitor weather conditions and when required be on site extremely early in the morning to clear the parking lots and walks of snow.
This position requires the incumbent to maintain an awareness of the relevance and importance of the above listed responsibilities and how they contribute to the achievement of quality objectives and customer satisfaction. The incumbent is expected to adhere to all rules for safety and health and to the site??s environmental policies, rules and regulations.
Working hours: 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Position requires a minimum of High School Diploma, or equivalent, vocational/military training or 5 years related experience.
- Must be computer literate on Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess manual dexterity and have the ability to lift at least 55 pounds.
- Requires standing or walking most of shift.
- Job requires indoor and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Exposed to inherent factory conditions (heat, dust, odors, noise etc).
- Must use ladders, hoists, industrial trucks and material handling equipment.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend equipment repair manuals, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Must comprehend simple mechanical and electrical prints, drawings and schematics.
- Must be proficient in the safe use of a wide variety of hand tools, measuring devices (tape measures calipers, gauges, micrometers etc), power tools (table saw, cut off saw, bench grinders, sanders, routers etc) and electrical test equipment (volt meters, amp-meters, ohm meters, and continuity testers).
- Safely operate acetylene torches and welding and cutting machines.
- Understand the facility electrical distribution system location of transformers and disconnects, water supply distribution and shutoffs both potable and fire protection.
- Skillful in building and grounds maintenance low pressure steam, carpentry, plumbing, pipefitting and related operations involving building repair and grounds maintenance. Understand purchasing and receiving functions as it relates to the maintenance department. Must possess an understanding of the site security systems such as perimeter security alarms and boiler and air compressor alarms.
- Thoroughly understand facility evening and weekend lockdown procedures, freeze prevention procedures etc.
- Total comprehension of the fire alarm system operation is required.
Call to inquire and apply
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.