Treating Plant Operator
The Treating Plant Operator is responsible for treating all wood products, mixing chemical treatments, operating treating equipment, and treating inventory as scheduled by the Production Scheduler while maintaining environmental and safety compliance at all times.
-Work with a safety mindset at all times.
-Monitor and mix chemical treating solutions within variance tolerances.
- Use appropriate formulas to calculate treating for every charge.
-Operate treating equipment: software, pumps, valves, etc.
-Monitor treating processes and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Properly fill out paperwork.
-Work with Quality Control Technician to maintain product standards i.e. retention and penetration.
- Perform appropriate cylinder washout procedures when changing treatments, while following all
-Maintain treating records.
- Ensure all environmental and safety procedures are followed and report all unsafe or non-compliant
-Attend all training sessions and safety meetings as required.
-Other duties as directed
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Be comfortabke working within Googie Drive programs, Windows based programs, using a word processor, and email have a good knowledge of spread sheeting
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to become knowledgeable on all chemical treatments.
- Ability to recognize different grades and species of lumber and plywood
- Ability to become knowledgeable on treating process.
- Ability to recognize and determine heartwood percentages.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
-Ambition to strive for quality while maintaining quantity.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems. >- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
-Ability to pass screening requirements for and work while wearing respirator.
-Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
-Ability to demonstrate behaviors conforming to Hoover's set of values and accepted standards.
-Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively.
-Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.