Looking for a full time diesel mechanic to work at local dealership of excavating equipment. Needs to have good diagnostic experience with both computers as well as mechanical diagnosis. We are looking for someone who can perform preventive maintenance services to engine rebuilds.
Benefits Include :
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Address:
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Dealership Experience is a plus
Inspect and maintain bulldozers, troubleshoot mechanical problems, test major components
Performs repair and maintenance of all mobile equipment; excavators, loaders, dozers, back hoes, etc.
Identifies and records any problems
Effectively implements solutions for problems
Operating and inspecting equipment to diagnose defects
Visually inspecting and listening to machines and equipment to locate cause of malfunctions
Dismantling and reassembling mobile equipment to gain access to problem area
Repairing, replacing, cleaning and lubricating parts as necessary
Repairing malfunctioning hydraulic components
Diagnosing and correcting electrical problems
Replacing malfunctioning subassemblies and components (e.g., transmissions, clutches, differentials, engines, etc.)
Welding, cutting, and fabricating of all equipment & components
Changing oil, checking and changing batteries, and performing complete lubrication tasks on equipment
Testing repaired equipment to ensure operating efficiency
Performing preventative maintenance
Making recommendations for equipment to be repaired
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 3+ years Mechanics experience with heavy equipment
- Dealership / Sales Experience is a plus
- Must be able to read blueprints, or use electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics need to be able to look at mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems, identify problems, and think about possible solutions.
- Mechanical Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics will need familiarity with parts and components of complex machinery and engines, as well as the tools to fix them.
- Attention to Detail: Some parts need to be in the exact right place, or they will not work. Being able to pay attention to the minute details of heavy equipment repair will be necessary.
Minimum five (5) years recent medium/heavy diesel maintenance experience
Counter Sales / Dealership experience a plus
Knowledge on completing PMs
Ensure cleanliness of shop and surrounding areas.
Basic computer skills
CDL license a plus
Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold temperatures
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.