Raandstad is currently seeking a CDL A Driver for a Valued Client in the Vancouver/Portland area. This position would require a Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement. Hours will vary and pay starts at $25/hr.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains courteous and professional relationships with our customers while providing them with products and service of exceptional quality.
- Delivers bulk liquid safely to customers. Includes unloading from truck, delivering to customer and supplying proper delivery documentation.
- Uploads, delivers and downloads gases to customers' vessels in a safe manner.
- Completes all delivery paperwork neatly and thoroughly.
- Communicates in person with customers, providing information on ordering, delivery times, etc.
- Provides timely communication back to distribution manager or customer's salesman regarding any changes related to the customer.
- Maintains load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensures that vehicle manifest, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and advises of any needed repairs using the vehicle inspection report form. Have any immediate problems repaired before going on route.
- Assists management in route evaluations and efficiencies.
- Attends at least one safety meeting per month.
- Keeps inside of trucks clear of paper and trash.
- May be required to perform on call duties for weekend and after hours deliveries.
- All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work request that falls within the qualifications but not specifically described.
Working hours: Will Vary
--Ability to read and comprehend safety data sheets.
--Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
--Ability to routinely lift 25-75 lbs., occasionally lift 76-100+ lbs., and to push or pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 lbs.
--Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours. Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
--Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
--Able to work multiple shifts and work overtime when needed.
--Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
--Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to 100 degrees.
--Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Required Length and Type of Experience:
- After Driving School minimum age 22 with 1 year experience driving commercial vehicle with CDL and all required endorsements.
- Minimum age 23 with 2 years' experience driving commercial vehicle with CDL and all required endorsements, or
- Excellent driving skills required. Maintains appropriate drivers' license.
If you're interested in this Randstad opportunity, please apply online, e-mail your resume to Holly.Janssen@randstadusa.com and/or call our office at: (503) 620-6074.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.