The purpose of a Shipping Specialist is to Receive, unpack, store, distribute, and record inventory materials and products used by the company. They will also be required to help in other departments to pull orders to prepare for shipment.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using a computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked in warehouse.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other warehouse workers.
- Any and all duties/assignments requested by management.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Basic math skills for adding, subtracting, multiplying, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers.
- Must have High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Requires a significant amount of standing and walking, primarily on a hard, level surface.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on regular basis.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.