Shift: Sunday-Thursday shift, 6pm - 3:00am (Or longer if the workload has not been completed).
- Responsible for the supervision of all warehouse personnel engaged in the warehousing function.
- Responsible for the command and control of the pulling, loading and inventory control to ensure efficient and safe loading practices are followed and work is completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the resolution and investigation of non-routine customer complaints.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the warehouse facility.
- Responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures which are consistent with company standards to ensure best practices are adhere to by all warehouse personnel.
- Manages the efficient method of pulling orders and staging cases for loading trucks.
- Monitors outside trucking companies transporting products for delivery
- Manages equipment operators, office routing personnel, yard spotters and general loading personnel.
- Ensures all safety and security procedures are followed.
- Manages all assigned warehouse workers through subordinates.
- Responsible for the warehouse safety training program.
- Implements and oversees onsite routine training programs for direct and indirect reports and occasional use of third party, outside sources as needed.
- Plans the day-to-day operations, develops methods to provide quality service to customers, and authorizes overtime and controls costs within the department.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with other departments?? activities, such as human resources, sales, inventory control, and purchasing.
- Conducts ongoing staff training including formal routine performance evaluations.
- Measures and coordinates the assessment of customer satisfaction for services, both externally and in house.
- Responsible for inventory control, scheduling, stock transfers, and annual inventory counts and routine Cycle Counts.
- Maintains the CHEP pallet program documentation to ensure pallet exchange documentation with all trucking companies and major chain customers which pick up at our warehouse.
- Coordinates the movement of product identified for destruction to the appropriate facility.
Working hours: 6:00 PM - 3:00 AM
- Minimum 5-7 years operational and staff management experience in the warehouse environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly-changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Staff management and organizational skills are required
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written instructions and prepare a response
- Computer literate - proficient in Microsoft office (Word & Excel) as well as a desire to grow, adapt, and learn with IT based software as you grow with the company.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others?? attention
Commitment to performance: Demonstrates a commitment to doing it ??the right way?? with a high level of attention to details and high personal standards of performance
Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required
Occasional lifting of 50 pounds or more
Occasional handling of will-calls: Receiving product from the warehouse and delivering the product to customers(s)
Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car ?? removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering the product to customers(s)
Occasional handling of kegs this must be handled by two individuals
Occasional riding on a forklift
Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.