Heavy equipment operator Front end loader
Responsible to operate a front-end loader in a rugged outdoor, unpaved environment. Operators will use loaders to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Operates a "front-end loader" machine, which works in the yard to process and transport soil and mulch bulk material. Responsible to move bulk material to packaging plant to meet daily/weekly production needs safely and efficiently. The front-end loader operator runs a purpose-built, wheeled machine, which is a self-propelled vehicle that rapidly scoops-up soil & mulch. The operator safely maneuvers the machine from within an enclosed cab in the yard using a combination of joysticks, buttons, pedals and levers. Operator often works independently, following work specifications and must meet daily/weekly production demands.
Operator is responsible for machine basic service, refueling, diagnostics and minor repairs. Requires special safety gear, climbing off & onto the loader, and some walking in the yard.
Prior Experience: Work as yard loader operator, or operator of other heavy duty equipment; preferred previous experience operating farm machinery or heavy equipment; learn from work with experienced front-end loader operator; demonstrated safe loading & service performance; written loader operator handbooks and machine service training guides; on-the-job-training.
1. Demonstrated experience operating front end loaders and or dozers and follows safety procedures while performing daily assignments
2. Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
3. Observes equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
4. Performs routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning. Follow proper shut down procedures and leave the equipment clean at the end of the shift
5. Inspect and complete equipment report daily
6. Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
7. Pre & Post shift inspections, clean inside and outside of equipment
8. Practice work place safety including but not limited to; Lock Out Tag Out
9. Load grinders or soil screeners
10. Move finished materials into production areas
11. Load trucks
12. Move raw material away from dumping area and into the proper piles for further processing. This may include pushing the material onto a high bulk pile
13. Maintain piles to avoid fires
14. Be willing to help others if needed to get the work assignments completed in a timely manner
15. Problem solving skills
16. Ownership of equipment and maintain cleaning standards
17. Effective verbal and listening communications skills
18. Demonstrate sound work ethics, respectful and follows operating procedures
19. Flexible and reliable. Ability to work overtime as needed, especially during shipping season
20. Other duties that may be assigned by site management
Working hours: 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Hard Hat, Vest, Boot Program, Eye Glasses, Dust Mask, and Hearing Plugs.
Other equipment assigned: Radio device used for yard communication
1. Minimum of 2 years??? relevant experience (Heavy duty equipt/front end loader (Volvo L90, John Deere 724, Volvo L110, Bobcat Skid steer, Jones Grinder)
2. High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
3. Able to sit for extended periods in operation of equipment on varying surfaces (paved, dirt, multilevel)
4. Able to climb up & down from cab heights with ease multiple times per hour
5. Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision.
6. Must be able to work affectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog, snow
7. Must be able to work overtime during peak season and or as needed
8. Must be eligible to work in the United States
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.