This job is responsible for operating a fork lift for the purpose of moving, locating, stacking, counting products and or bulk material to support production shift assigned to. Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the fork lift and radio frequency. May be also required to perform General Laborer duties along with loading and unloading truck flatbed trucks. Accountable and responsible for recording all product transactions and product movements. The position will report directly to the shipping and receiving manager and will have dotted line responsibility to the production shift supervisor on the shift assigned.
1. Maintains supplies of materials to production floor and or yard
2. Removes finished products from the lines to designated areas
3. Removes goods from the shrink wrap area to the yard/designated area
4. Clears out trash bags and waste.
5. Maintains proper paperwork for end of shifts
6. Meet production quotas
7. Keeps warehouse and storage areas neat and clean, including outside yard areas.
8. Maintains proper inventory by using correct inventory procedures.
9. Other duties may be assigned.
10. Unload inbound shipments and move product to storage locations
11. Stock and store merchandise in appropriate areas efficiently
12. Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment
13. Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded
14. Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy
15. Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards
16. Report quality variances
17. Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion
18. Assist in physical inventories
19. Complete daily inspection of equipment
20. Ensure proper stock rotation.
21. Conduct operations in a manner promoting safety
22. Good written and verbal communication skills
23. Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
24. Ability to read, understand, and follow directions
Working hours: 5:00 PM - 6:00 AM
1.-High School diploma or equivalent
2.-Must be at least 18 years of age
3.-1-3 years' forklift experience
4.-1-3 years' experience in loading and unloading flatbed trucks
5.-Experience in a fast pace manufacturing/shipping environment
6.-Must have good communication skills
7.-Must be team oriented and also be able to work independently
8.-Knowledge in the use of scanning guns a plus for future
9.-Prior experience in warehousing, freight handling and/or fork lift operations preferred
10.-Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
11.-Basic written and verbal communication skills in English (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
12.-Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
13.-Satisfactory completion of a forklift training programs
14.-Ability to read, understand and follow instructions and to record applicable documents
15.-Be willing to help others if needed to get the work assignments completed in a timely manner
16.-Respectful of co-workers, management and work site
17.-General Problem solving skills
18.-Ownership of equipment and maintain cleaning standards
19.-Effective verbal and listening communications skills
20.-Demonstrate sound work ethics, respectful and follows operating procedures
21.-Flexible and reliable. Ability to work overtime as needed, especially during shipping season
22.-Must be eligible to work in the United States
23.-Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
1. Regularly required to drive a forklift; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
2. Occasionally required to walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
3. Routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; must be able to move product up to 24 foot in length
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
5. Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
6. Must be able to work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, snow, fog, etc.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.