Supports the shipment of customer orders following current procedures and guidelines for selecting, checking and/or packing. Process inbound shipments by unpacking and restocking, following current procedures and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Packs items for shipment to customer
- Checks chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing or receiving instructions
- Packs the material, following established procedures and instructions while complying with hazard regulations
- Applies all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations
- Stages finished boxes to be metered/shipped
- Pulls items for customer orders
- Accurately and neatly pulls materials from stock areas for customer orders
- Stages completed orders to appropriate area of facility
- Uses proper equipment for appropriate order (size of order, weight etc)
- Receives product
- Unpacks shipments for put away
- Picks up trash and debris in work station and stock areas
- Keeps work area and stock location safe, clean, and organized
- Keeps packing materials organized and stored safely
- Performs shelf maintenance in stock areas
- Audits shelves to ensure inventory and correct product location
- Using SAP, Inventories, orders, receives, and stores all needed materials
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
High School diploma or GED
Acceptable work experience for greater than 6 months (Required) Solid work experience for at least 3 years (no unexplainable gaps) with progression (preferred)
Essential and Critical Skills:
Ability to read, hear, speak and understand English language. Both written and oral communication required. Ability to operate RF scanner, pallet jack, selecting carts, packing equipment (tape machines, etc.), and various cutting instruments. Ability to operate PC???s and printers.
Working hours: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is occasionally required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time and be able to stay on your feet for eight hours. . The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted. Employee may be required to move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
Position requires one to be on their feet all day, walking approximately 8-10 miles during the shift.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.