Randstad is currently seeking experienced TIG Welders for a valued client in Wilsonville. This position is responsible for fitting, positioning, aligning, and welding fabricated plates, structural shapes, and weldments preparatory to assembly into structural fabricated products per the specifications on the engineering drawings. This is a Direct Hire position that allows overtime work. Working hours are Monday-Thursday from 7 am- 4:30 and Friday from 7am -3:30 pm. This company offers Health Benefits, 401K, 10 paid holidays and 6 paid sick days.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations.
- Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Ensure the quality of finished goods is in line with Company standards and meets drawing specification.
- Fit, tack, weld, and flatten various parts according to the dimensions and specifications on the engineering drawings.
- Complete assigned duties on schedule per the direction of the Production Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Able to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Extensive knowledge of specific welding processes, specifically TIG and MIG
- Able to execute and meet deadlines, ensuring & emphasizing attention to detail
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Basic English, written and verbal.
- Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
- Knowledge of metallurgy a plus
- Able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
- Able to meet a combination of physical demands of the position such as: sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, squatting, or standing for at least 8hrs per day.
- 4 years welding experience OR Completion of an accredited four year welder's training program OR Completion of an accredited two year welder's training program and two years of welding experience OR OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Diploma or equivalent industry experience required. Engineering background would be a plus.
- Basic computer skills ??? experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel would be a plus.
- Has a positive attitude and leads by example.
- Has a proactive mentality as opposed to a reactive disposition.
- Continuous improvement mentality, always looking for process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate a professional and respectful attitude with teammates, vendors, and customers.
If you're interested in this Randstad opportunity, please apply online, e-mail your resume to Holly.Janssen@randstadusa.com and/or call our office at: (503) 620-6074.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.