Are you an experienced forklift operator? Do you want to make extra cash with overtime? If so, we have the perfect position for you. Forklift Operators are needed for a distribution facility in Lakewood, WA.
Come be a part of a growing fun and friendly facility. This facility is looking for those that want to be a part of a team environment, with a chance to recharge during daily breaks and lunch. This facility is seeking those with prior clamp lift experience who is a self-starter and likes to ask questions when needed but can still have fun in the workplace.
This position is a Swing shift, 4:00PM to 12:30 AM Monday through Friday. Pay is $14.50 - $15.50/hr., depending upon experience.
As a clamp operator you will be expected to drive a powered industrial truck with a hydraulic mechanism to lift and move heavy loads. In a fast paced environment, you will perform tasks associated with moving goods from one place to another. You might load and unload trucks or be asked to assist in other warehouse duties. You will also check inventory, execute product counts, weigh or tag product, and use a handheld barcode scanner. Other tasks could involve wrapping loads with a shrink wrapper, loading goods onto and off a truck, and light cleaning of the warehouse.
- Safely operate clamp Forklift
- Manually load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner
- Provide physical labor to move product to storage areas with proper material handling equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped
- Sort, recoup, pack, mark, and label materials
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation
- Perform duties needed for assembling displays and other specialty value-added services per the customers' requirements
- Participate in physical inventories
- Performs general grounds/building maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 6 Months Forklift Operator experience within the last 18 months
- Previous experience operating clamp forklift, a PLUS
- Previous RF Scanner experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift over your head
- The ability to submit to background and drug screening
- Focus on safety when operating machinery
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Work history of manual labor, warehouse work or merchandising experience, warehouse environment a plus
- Reliable transportation
If you interested in this position apply today, apply at our office located at 1909 South 72nd Street, Suite A-11, Tacoma, WA 98408, or give us a call at (253) 620-5251 to schedule an interview today!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.