A well known wine distribution company located in Richmond CA is currently seeking a qualified Forklift Operator.
This is a temp to hire opportunity.
The pay rate for this position is $17.00 - $18 per hour depending on forklift experience
The shift is Monday-Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm *Must be okay to work some Saturdays and Overtime
The ideal candidate must have driven a forklift within the past six months.
Forklift types need to be knowledgeable in 3 out of 4: Cherry Picker, Sit Down Forklift, Reach truck, Electric Pallet Jack
- Checks and receives inbound product and unloads shipments utilizing a forklift and ensures that the wheels of the trucks being unloaded have their wheels chocked before unloading
- Pulls customer and salespersons??? orders using warehouse equipment.
- Accounts for broken product including proper clean up and disposal.
- Restocks cases and pallets in proper location in a neat and orderly manner.
- Rotates warehouse inventory to assigned locations.
- Performs general cleanup of warehouse (including restrooms).
- Sort pallets and empty beer kegs.
- Checks in all driver returns and delivery invoices, and restocks customer returns in proper
locations of the warehouse.
- Ensures that the equipment is in good working condition and must report any equipment
problems to warehouse management.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required.
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours.
- Placing cases of wine in the trunks of cars - removing each case from the trunks of cars.
- Handling of kegs - this must be handled by two individuals or by use of hand trucks.
- Utilizing warehouse equipment such as, forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks,
hand trucks, and dollies.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending,
stooping and climbing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be willing to submit to criminal background check & drug screen
- Must be able to comply with all attendance policies
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.