Textile Manufacturing Operator
Greensboro textile and fabric maker is in need of production associates to take temp to hire:
Fabrics company is in need of multiple associates for production machine operating, inspection. Running woven and non woven machines, knitting and sewing machine as well as dye house and batching positions. Temp to hire with generous pay increase and full time benefits upon conversion to company payroll following the probation period of roughly 90 - 120 days or just under 4 months.
Sewing experience is a plus.
Forklift experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Notify supervisors or mechanics of equipment malfunctions.
- Start machines, monitor operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Tend machines with multiple winding units that wind thread onto shuttle bobbins for use on sewing machines or other kinds of bobbins for sole-stitching, knitting, or weaving machinery.
- Inspect products to verify that they meet specifications and to determine whether machine adjustment is needed.
- Tend machines that twist together two or more strands of yarn or insert additional twists into single strands of yarn to increase strength, smoothness, and/or uniformity of yarn.
- Replace depleted supply packages with full packages.
- Observe operations to detect defects, malfunctions, or supply shortages.
- Thread yarn, thread, and/or fabric through guides, needles, and rollers of machines.
- Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Place bobbins on spindles and insert spindles into bobbin-winding machines.
Working hours: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Qualified candidates MUST email a copy of their resume outlining textile manufacturing and production experience. Send your resume to Vince.Woods@randstadusa.com
Qualified candidates MUST email a copy of their resume outlining textile manufacturing experience. Send your resume to Vince.Woods@randstadusa.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.