We are currently seeking applicants for an Assembly Operator position on 1st and 2nd shifts. The position may require overtime including Saturdays/Sundays to meet production demands.
An assembly operator performs a wide range of tasks required to assembly in production. Jobs are performed in a team concept, in which everyone is responsible for production goals, quality of the product, and maintaining a safe work environment. Primarily works on indoor assembly lines. Exposed to dirt, grease, and noise. Employee is required to perform lifting and carrying to the assembly table, push and/or pull parts to the next assembler, pull small parts and assemble them , order and maintain inventory of assembly supplies, and clean and maintain a safe work area. Employee is supplied all required safety equipment necessary to perform the job. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Working hours: 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of assembly techniques
- Ability to read, understand and apply computer instruction and specifications
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignment within the team approach
- Skill in operating a variety of hand and power tools used in the assembly process
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Walking up to 36 feet continuous distance while retrieving parts from pallets up to 3 times a shift
- Walking up to 6 feet continuous distance while retrieving components for assembly up to 50 times a shift
- Standing up to 15 minutes at a time while assembling parts up to 50 times a shift
- Lifting up to 12 lb. parts with a 12 lb. handle for a total of 24 lbs. up to 30 times per hour
- Lifting 27 lb. parts from table or pallet to assembly table up to 28 times per shift
- May require lifting up to 35 lb. parts where no lifting device is available and no capability of a two person lift
- Pushing/Pulling force of 45 to 72 lbs on pallets with hands at 18 to 36 inches from the floor up to 28 times a shift
- Retrieving components from 24 inches to 52 inches high and from the body to 20 inches horizontally up to 30 times per hour
- Knowledge and ability required to perform task related to the assembly process
- Minimum of 6 months experience in manufacturing is required
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment screenings, including drug screen and background check
- Must be able to provide proof of education (Diploma or GED)
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.