Lead Warehouseman with Forklift Experience
Randstad is searching for the perfect match for a forklift operator with great shipping & receiving skills. This position is a temp-to-hire opportunity seeking a skilled warehouseman with forklift experience. This first shift position pays between $12.00-$14.00 depending upon experience and the ability to display ones skill set in an interview setting. The position is set in South/Southwest Houston. It is a typical 8:00AM-5:00PM position in a fast paced environment inside of non-climate controlled environment. Prior warehouse experience is a must and required for the position. There is overtime involved for the position with Saturdays being mandatory when scheduled to report for work. There is growth opportunity within the company.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers
- Working directly with a supervisor and reporting directly to the supervisor.
- Must be able to safely operate a sit-down forklift and have a proven history of forklift operation
- Order picking experience and must have the ability to safely lift and transport up to 40 pounds continuously
- Computer literacy and skills is required with the overall expectation to be able to operate management system for the company
- Must be able to be comfortable transporting and unloading steel, fiber, plastic drums and other materials
- Must be able to display a record of safety standards and compliance with company standards in order to facilitate the warehouse in a safe manner
- At least 5 years of warehouse experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft software including but not limited to Excel and Word
- Familiar with UPS and FedEx processing systems
- Adept Shipping & Receiving Skills with sufficient computer skills for tracking inventory
- Basic math skills
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
High School Diploma or GED
--18 years of age or older with proof to work legally in the U.S.
--Agree to a background and drug screen required for this position
--2 professional references of past supervisors that Randstad may contact directly
--Must have reliable transportation to and from work site daily
Interested applicants can apply directly and will get initial feedback via email and a potential follow up phone call.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.