CNC Program Operator
Randstad is currently in search of a qualified CNC Program Operator for a global manufacturer in Southeast Houston area. Qualified candidates will be able to not only run the CNC machines, but also be able to write the code for the machines as well. Knowledge of G-codes and M-codes is an absolute requirement and candidates with this experience will only be considered. Responsibilities would include programming, setting up and operating the CNC machine while maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
This is Direct Hire opportunity that includes competitive salary based on experience, company benefits including 401K with match, plenty of opportunity for overtime hours and a flexible schedule with a necessity to work at least 8 hours and the availability to work up to 12 hours on any given shift. Starting shift would be overnight starting at 6:00PM.
CNC Program Operator Sets up, writes programs and edits existing programs, and operates numerically controlled machinery. These include but are not limited to lathes, mills, drills, and other machinery as required:
- Maintains quality and tolerances within .0003-.
- Follow written and verbal procedures for machining and other duties.
- Work from work order routings, prints, sketches, layout sheets, written and verbal instructions.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and the ability to learn / adapt per machine.
- Must be able to recognize and understand functions of machine parameters with the ability to
modify as required per supervisor-s instructions.
- Utilize knowledge of working properties for a variety of materials such as stainless steel, alloy steel,
cast iron, brass, exotics, etc.
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Other skills include:
- Presets tools and may be required to resharpen.
- Inspect work produced using micrometer; bore gage, venire calipers, or other measuring
instruments to verify conformance to specifications.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by supervisor and report
operating difficulties of equipment to supervisor.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies, reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Make proper labor and time reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Keep machine(s) / work area clean and orderly.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities based upon individual branch requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a technical school education and working machinist
knowledge or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of CNC machine tool Programming & Operating experience.
- Numerical control machining skills experience and ability to read and interpret work related machine
- Make average to complicated mathematical calculations and resolve elementary technical problems.
- NC Programmer/Operator will be compensated in accordance with defined expertise, experience and
- Can operate a minimum of 2 CNC machine tools.
- Possesses previous experience as a Manual machinist.
- Must be detail oriented; be able to work independently using sound judgment.
- Good verbal, written, problem solving and organization skills required.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Interested applicants can email their resume to Edem Ekene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.