Randstad is currently seeking candidates for the position of Materials Buyer / Planner. The selected candidate will be responsible for overall performance of the supply base for direct materials as assigned. This position supports the development and execution of supply base performance including all direct procurement strategies. The Materials Planner works closely with manufacturing facility management and personnel to ensure supply chain delivery performance, reduce supplier lead times, manage effectively supplied component and assembly inventory levels, and implement leveraged agreements.
The Supply Chain role focuses on strengthening supplier partnerships, executing inventory objectives, and driving projects to support supply chain excellence. This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager; communicates frequently with all levels of management and various departments, including Marketing/Channel Management, Sales, Product Management, Materials Management, Supply Chain, and Finance.
- Drive supply base performance improvement by supporting the development and implementation of strategies to improve supply base on time delivery, reduce supplier lead times, optimize lot sizes and effectively manage overall procured component and assembly inventory. - Support the development and implementation of direct materials strategy by aggressively managing direct commodities as assigned.
- Lead supply chain projects supporting new products, transition projects, supplier development, inventory management, and VA/VE Projects.
- Direct timely completion of projects that support critical goals and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Problem solve supply gaps impacting manufacturing schedule achievement and/or customer part fulfillment by identifying alternate supply sources, scheduling changes, and/or facilitating expediting activities with supply base and logistics companies
- Coordinate supply chain for purchased as well as manufactured components.
- Work closely with suppliers to reduce material lead time, and achieve on time delivery
- Manage operating system planning configurations and master data to ensure agreed upon inventory, production, supplier, customer service, and supply strategy goals are
- Works with process owners and business unit leaders to facilitate setting priorities, developing agendas and designing objectives.
- Apply Six Sigma tools to reduce cost and/or increase revenue potential in new and existing processes.
- Develops and communicates business cases including cost / benefit analysis to support recommendations for change to current business practices and processes, and develops controls to monitor the progress associated with implementation of recommended changes.
- Assists in identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, increase net income, enhance productivity and further employee performance throughout the business unit..
- Assist in Supplier invoice reconciliation
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
--This position requires a Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Operations or a related discipline.
--0-2 years of experience in Supply Chain or related discipline required.
--Strong project management and team leadership skills with the ability to develop strong support for change with all levels of internal and external organizations.
--Proficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
--Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
--Able to document procedures, express processes in writing and flow chart processes.
--SAP experience a plus
Please apply online at www.randstadusa.com or send resume to Ginger Goforth via email at email@example.com.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.