The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for material handling, shipping, receiving and other supply chain activities. The list of
duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the unloading/loading verification of incoming/outgoing shipments for accuracy and quality.
- Retrieve Bill Of Lading and packing list from all incoming product and process timely.
- Support production schedules, orders, requests for materials or other stock items in order of priority, due date, and material
- Ensure items received are delivered and put away daily.
- Ensure material storage areas and receiving area are kept clean from debris and trash
- Retrieve incoming orders and prepare requested sample boxes for shipment
- Distribute requested items to production line in an accurate and timely fashion as needed.
- Improve and maintain plant and outside yard 5S/Safety.
- Improve and maintain visual management.
- Review Kanban and provide feedback once items reach min levels
- Assist with yearly Physical Inventory
- Perform internal and some external expediting.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks by forklift as required.
- Other projects as requested
Working hours: 4:00 PM - 2:30 AM
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as purchase orders and shipping information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in the use of a computer
- One year related work experience preferred
- Forklift experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The phrases "occasionally," "regularly," and "frequently" correspond to the following definitions:
"Occasionally" means up to 1/3 of working time, "regularly" means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and "frequently" means
2/3 and more working time. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time
- Frequently required to walk
- Regularly required to reach above shoulders
- Regularly required to use hands to manipulate keyboard
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally required to assist with two person lift and/or move of
up to 70 pounds
If you are interested in learning more please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or phone at 704-510-1644. We look forward to speaking with you!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.